Rotocone Vacuum Dryer
Raw material is charged in batches & is subjected to indirect heating while at the same time undergoing rotary motion of the cone assembly. The conical shape of the dryer ensures efficient circulation of hot liquid heating media. Drying takes place when heat flows from outer cone through a jacket, and vacuum is applied in the inner cone. The drying operation is based on the principle that water or other volatile product moves from a zone of low pressure. This is accomplished by warming the product to be dried to raise the vapour pressure of the absorbed or free liquid by vacuum or by sweeping it with Air or Nitrogen current. Thus the essential conditions for effective drying are achieved by uniform heat transfer throughout the batch and rapid removal of the vapour. The vacuum is applied gradually with PLC control by throttling.
Salient Features Rotocone Vacuum Dryer:
- Low temperature drying under vacuum
- Higher Thermal Efficiency
- Specially designed micro air-filter can be provided on receiver while breaking vacuum for safety operation
- Nitrogen purging system is available optionally for mechanical seal as well as for cleaning filter
- Specially designed S.S. Rotary union is provided for hot water or steam at inlet & outlet
- Direct drive with hollow shaft gear to suit cGMP operation & to avoid greasing of the gear.
- The gear box with only one time of oil fill for lifetime
- Lowest energy consumption compared to any other batch type dryer due to higher differential temperatures
- Available in STD/GMP/cGMP/ Lab Models and kilo lab models